I was recently tagged by GirlInTheGlasses about doing a Nail Files:Bare All Tag. Never having done a tag before I thought why not…. so below you can now see my nails as nature intended. No glam, no gloss, no glitter.
Actually, they don’t look too bad do they? I’m actually quite pleased with them. After a horrible winter where they split and peeled and make me cry, I’ve finally got them in a place I am happy with. There are two things I credit with this, firstly for 3 months I used Nailtiques Formula 2 under everything. I used it as a base coat and even under a base coat. It was amazing. I used the whole 0.5Oz bottle. Then I tried Nailtiques Formula 1 – didn’t like it. Made my nails dull. So then I got a bottle of Essie Billionnails in the sale at Boots. Loved this. Then in a different sale, but still in Boots, I snagged a bottle of Seche Retain. And I love this.
The second thing is Julep Nail Growth Revitalising Serum. I got this in a mystery box that was sent to me from a friend in the US in exchange for an equivalent amount of Models Own polish. I struck out and got the Super Mystery Box, with lots in and a credit of $120. The Nail Growth Serum was in here. Now I don’t use it everyday anymore, but I do use it daily. I also have an Island Girl Cuticle Oil (thanks ZedleyQ) which I love and heartily recommend.
And actually, now I think about it, there is a third. And that is probably my mum. She has beautiful hands and nails. Both my sister and I have identical hands, just like mums. We are blessed with long nail beds, so even super short, my nails have a good length on them. Thanks Mum, plus being a habitual nail biter until I was about 15, she was super supportive of me stopping biting and now indulges me in my nail polish seeking habits. We have many a happy hour or so catching up with new additions to my stash and she even gets to take some home with her.
Nail Files: Bare All Tag:
- Include a photo of your clean, product free, natural nails: see above!
- Preferred length: Short to Mid
- Preferred shape: Squoval
- Favorite base coat: Seche Retain and CND Stickey
- Favorite top coat: Hong Kong Girl UV Top Coat
- Favorite cuticle cream/oil: Island Girl Cuticle Oil, but I liek burt Bees Lemon Cuticle Cream too
- Favorite hand cream: Atrixo Regenerating Treatment or Elizabeth Arden 8 Hour Hand Cream
- Favorite nail clippers: None, I file
- Favorite nail file: I have some lovely Sally Hansen ones. I do like to buff my nails as I find it helps to prevent peeling. I try to do it once a month. I like the Revlon Crazy Shine Buffer Pad but really want a Tropical Shine one after a super positive experiences at a nail salon.
- Favorite remover: Sally Hansen removers, they very depending on the quality of my nail or Andrea Fullerton remover (smells minty!)
- Self or professional manicure: I do my own, although I do like having a professional polish now and then
- How often do you polish: Everyday if I have time, or every other day. I usually add something to my manicure on Day 2 to prevent boredom
- Most wanted nail product: Chanel Skyline
- Be sure to include the nail files bare all tag in your post or video response
So, I think its now *your* turn for Nail Files:Bare All Tag. Leave me a link below if you do!